Thursday, March 12, 2009

Project Purpose and Social Traffic

I have not been this busy in seven years!

What happened to retirement?

Oh yes, I remember...I am re-inspired!
















Project Purpose continues. One of the instructions is to mail a letter or card to someone each day, for 90 days, to let them know how much they mean to me. I had no idea how this would unfold as I send cards all the time to people. However, most of the cards I have sent were to commemorate a birthday, an anniversary or heaven forbid, the death of a friend or family member of someone I care about.

This is different. I have written seven beautiful, heartfelt cards so far to seven different people. Today was number three but I wrote four more this evening as I will be out of town for four days and was afraid I would get distracted and forget to write them. As I consider who will get the next one it just comes to me like a gift, the recipient appears in my mind and heart as the perfect person for the next one. And because they are so perfect the letter becomes easy to write without too much thought...I just let the pen go and start writing whatever comes to mind!

In some cases I have been worried that when it is read the recipient will be concerned I am going to die or something. These are the kinds of things I think of people saying when they are on their death beds. I am hopeful that each one will be taken in the spirit in which it was written...with lots of love and gratitude!

Now on to the subject that has consumed my attention for the past few months...
Social Traffic!

A bit about Social Traffic, which you can learn more about at: http://www.socialtraffic.biz/

I have been connecting to friends on Facebook since last Fall that seemed to have some things in common but I could not put my finger on it. Around the holidays I noticed a lot of elf hats in profile photos and Christmas themed photos but I didn't see the connections. Because I was traveling so much during that time, San Francisco in October, Palm Desert in November, Maui in December and Oahu in January...I had other things on my mind...but I noticed these holiday profile photos none-the-less and I was connecting with some really cool people!

In mid January, after I returned from our last trip, I was catching up with friends on Facebook when I finally found the connection to all the things I had noticed over the previous months... Simon U Ford from Australia! A cute looking guy in sunglasses and a funny hat!

So, who is Simon and what was all the fuss about? Well, I soon became obsessed with all things Social Traffic!!!! I was reading day and night...anything and everything having to do with Simon U Ford and Social Traffic! I actually had the opportunity to take a break from my obsession when I went on a business trip to San Diego in early February, I am talking just last month! The four day break served me well because I had a chance to regroup and reconsider... before jumping into the deep Social Traffic waters with both feet!

Well, rather than me try to describe Simon and Social Traffic and what the attraction is, just see for yourself at http://www.socialtraffic.biz/

What I will say here is that Simon is the genius and visionary that created Social Traffic Inc. Social Traffic is the entry door into my learning all about Social Marketing in exchange for some of my valuable time. Simon has created the most amazing in depth training course worth thousands of dollars that he is currently giving away to anyone committed enough to be in the game in a big enough way to warrant the benefits. I am fortunate enough to be in wave #1, the front line, so to speak! There are still some openings for wave #3 so if you have any interest whatsoever...go to http://www.socialtraffic.biz/category/our-story/join-us/ If you have any interest...GO NOW! In exchange for the course and mentoring I am promoting Earth Day while learning how to use the social media to do so. All doors lead to http://www.eventslisted.com/ Simon is a genius as I said.

This blog, a couple of videos on Youtube so far, a lot of Twittering including learning about hashtags and retweeting, Google Friends Connect, RSS feeds, and tons of sharing of Social Traffic articles written by other people just like me...are all some of the things I have learned in the past few weeks. There's more but I am still figuring out how to get them started...like Squidoo!

Well, that's my first entry about Social Traffic, STI. More to come, as I have a lot to say about some of the things I have learned in the process of marketing Earth Day 2009! Stay tuned!

With love and gratitude,
Dyann ~ dml.edbd

No comments:

Post a Comment