Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Project Purpose


















Today is the first day of my blog called:

"The Gratitude Room" Welcome!

It is also the second day of my participation in Project Purpose. Project Purpose is a 90 day adventure created by Patti Roney who has just shy of 700 of us participating with her! What a great job in leadership for her to attract that many followers for a project that no one knows the details of yet! She has been unfolding them over the past couple of days.

Here are the three details I know of so far...

1. To quote Patti: "With “Hearts of Purpose”, we begin each and every day with gratitude. If possible, we should begin our day with amazing thoughts, a smile on our face, and anticipation for the day to begin."

Since yesterday my husband 'Wild' Bill, and I have started our mornings with each of us saying to the other what we are grateful for. We each try to come up with a minimum of five different things we are grateful for and in only two days I feel lighter and more positive...like Spring has sprung!

Since we always begin our morning with 'W'B bringing us each a REV3 Energy drink in beautiful champagne flutes (with a freshly frozen raspberry no less!) it was just a matter of adding the gratitude part to our morning ritual. Our routine begins about 6:00 am because I go to yoga three days a week for a 6:30 am session.

2. We are to send a letter or email of gratitude to someone each day for 90 days. Since I love to send cards I will make an effort to send a beautiful snail mail card to someone different each day. Yesterday I sent my first card...I knew immediately who to send it to and it was filled with love and gratitude for the individual who will receive it. I look forward to sending the other 89! 'Wild' Bill is also sending them so between us we will be sending a total of 180 cards and/or emails over the next three months. That is very exciting to think about!

3. We are to post all our comments on a blog that Patti has created for this project. While at the blog today I realized it was time to start a blog of my own. Here it is world!

Since I am new at this I am not at all sure what to expect. However, I would like to extend an invitation to anyone that happens this way that would like to participate...please feel free! Any comments on gratitude, or whatever else is on your mind, are welcome!

I have been keeping a gratitude journal by my bed for several years. Writing what I have been grateful for each night has been a powerful experience. The best way I can describe it is this; by writing down my thoughts of gratitude each day I was never more than 24 hours away from focusing on gratitude. And since what you focus on expands, I found myself in a constant state of gratitude for all these years. It is very hard to get depressed, negative or down when you are in a constant state of gratitude! The only difference is now I am doing it in the morning, out loud with my husband...I am loving this project!

If you would like to join me and leave comments I would love to hear from you...whoever "you" might be! I will be posting my thoughts on Project Purpose and other things related to gratitude, here in the Gratitude Room! Come on in and join me!

With love and gratitude,
Dyann ~ dml.edbd

No comments:

Post a Comment