Friday, March 4, 2011

Project Purpose is Back!

Patti Roney, and her annual event called Project Purpose, is back! This is the third year I have had the opportunity to join Patti and I am looking forward to the next 90 days!

Our first assignment was to identify 5 ways I have let myself down and disappoint myself. I can't believe I am going to share them here but I am committed to positive change and getting out of my comfort zone.

Here are the five things I wrote last night in a journal.
1. Not following up with people who have shown an interest in a product or service I offer.
2. Not sharing what I do with enough people.
3. Not exercising 3-5 days a week.
4. Not treating my husband with gentle kindness at all times.
5. Not keeping in touch with friends and family.

Here is what I have committed to do from the list above.
1. Be gentle and kind with my husband by stopping what I am doing and listen to what he has to say.
2. Call 1-2 people every day just to say Hi and check in.
3. Make at least one follow-up call per day.

I look forward to these phone calls and building stronger relationships with friends, family, clients and business associates. I have already seen the difference in my conversations with Wild since yesterday. Instead of continuing with whatever I am doing at the computer I have stopped to sit and focus on him and what he has to say. Prior to this I was finding that we would have to go into the living room to talk without interference from work, since we work at home in an office. Now I believe we can still stay in the office and I can focus on a conversation without having to detach myself from my computer. It is another example of seeing what the problem may be and finding a solution to make it better. I love that we can make changes immediately whenever we recognize a situation that is not serving us.

Here's to the next 90 days of Project Purpose!

With joy and purpose,
Dyann

No comments:

Post a Comment