Sunday, April 11, 2010

So Many Amazing People To Thank!

As I reflect on my post from yesterday I am present to how far I have come in the past year. Yesterday I was feeling a bit nervous, with a low grade anxiety and hot cheeks, as I thought about speaking to a crowd of approximately 180 people last night. Yet when I was on the stage I was present to the audience, what I wanted to share with them and not at all nervous. How could that be? I have heard that the number one fear of most people is speaking in front of an audience. You know what...I just realized today that I bought that story. And, that it is...just a story.

Last year I completed the Curriculum for Living with Landmark Education. The benefits continue to show up for me like a time released capsule and I am further enjoying new levels of confidence, communication skills and a better quality of life in all areas. This is amazing to me because I was happy before I ever took Landmark, yet it has made all the difference for me in every area of my life. The Curriculum for Living consists of three courses and I would like to personally thank each of the instructors I had the pleasure of working with. My first course was the world famous Landmark Forum. Check it out here: http://tinyurl.com/556pwf

I'd like to start by thanking my Forum Leader, Will Steel, from the United Kingdon. Will was the perfect Forum Leader for me as he is both powerful and kind as well as funny. I am very grateful to have had the pleasure of doing the Forum under Will's direction. His skill in listening to what people are saying, between the lines, and how he masterfully handled people that were completely stuck, was a sight to behold. Thank you Will for showing me what possibility looks like.

Included with the Forum is a ten week series of weekly seminars called the Landmark Forum in Action. I am grateful for my Seminar Leader, Christopher McCormick for showing me, by his actions, what commitment looks like and what it takes to lead a group of individuals, over a period of time, to the destination. Thank you Christopher for showing me what leadership looks like.

Then came the Landmark Advanced course with the Master Coach herself, Charlene Afremow. Charlene is love personified and after two days you can't help see the love that she is. Prior to that she wields her skills to cause each participant to dig deep and break the shakles that bind. Thank you Charlene for showing me what strength, courage and love looks like when you are really up to something big in your life.

Last but definately not least is the Self Expression and Leadership Program, referred to as the SELP. The SELP was led over a four month period by the Possibility of Love and Inspiration herself, Lisa Collins. The SELP was so incredibly rewarding as we were able to put all we had learned in the prior courses into action in our own communities. Thank you Lisa for showing me what love, inspiration, grace and ease looks like when we are up to making a difference in other peoples lives.

And I would be remiss if I didn't thank my dear friend, Cheryl Sheehan, as Cheryl introduced me to Landmark five years before I ever took the first serious look at it. I will be forever grateful for the difference Cheryl has made in my life by her willingness to take a stand for the possibilities she sees in others.

The community project I created in the SELP, the Go Red for Women Ambassador Program in Tacoma/Pierce County, started as a result of a dear friend standing in possibility so many years ago. I never imagined that possibilities would unfold as they have. And, we have only just begun.

I am the possibility of Compassion, Leadership and Joy!

With love and gratitude,
Dyann

5 comments:

  1. It's been amazing to be with you on your journey Dyann. Thank you for the privilege of playing with you! I am inspired by you over and over again!

    Lots of love always-
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not help but see the name Charlene Aframow in your post. In the summer of 1977 Charlene was my EST trainer. I cannot believe she is still doing this stuff more than 30 years later!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cheryl, It is an honor to have you as a friend and on this journey with me!
    With love dear one! xox

    Royage, 1977! Charlene is an amazing woman and an exceptional coach and trainer. Can you imagine how honed her skills are after all these years? The third long day in a row was Sunday and it was after 1:00am on Monday morning when we were still going strong. We were not going to be done until everyone was complete. She looked as fresh as she did on Friday morning, as the class was looking and acting wrung out! That was when I fully saw the love and passion she has for this work!
    Thanks for sharing!
    With gratitude,
    Dyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just took the advanced forum with Charlene Afremow. I found she pushed along some very wrong assumptions to lead the seminar: The focus in the Advanced Forum is supposed to be on group relationships. The problem is she never asked anyone in the group for consensus on what the group could accomplish as such and instead went on to push everyone to sign up for the SELP training. Those who didn't were considered pariahs, called out by name, etc. The fundamental issue here is that if you want to build a "group" you need to make the group partake in common decisions, not steamroll everyone into signing up (and paying) for something they never asked for. This would be a great seminar for car salespeople or door-to-door vendors. Is it good for human relationships? Not in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. It was very odd, I had attended Gary Bishop's forum, and that had no hard sell whatsoever. Charlene was so hard sell, that I can't even imagine recommending the Advanced course to anyone because of that. It should be personal choice. If the session was good enough, I'll join the SELP, no one had to push me to do the Advanced course.

      Delete