Saturday, April 17, 2010

Two steps back...

I am grateful for the headway I have made in the past few years. Getting out of being in judgement and being compassionate is a skill that I work on daily. I have made major headway and for that I am grateful. Yesterday was another matter. As my husband was trying to return a camera that we bought over 90 days ago, I could see the people behind the counter were not going to budge on the 90 day policy. My body language, if not my total conversation, was clearly showing my doubt of my husband's ability to move them off their stand. If I had been compassionate, rather than being judgemental, I wouldn't have felt so crappy and immoveable and my husband would have been able to work his magic without interference.

After we returned home, with the original camera, he made a few phone calls and, as is usual for him, worked that magic wand and was able to return it for a different model. What I am grateful for is his patience with me, his dedication to our relationship, and my ability to see where I went wrong and get back on track to where I want to be...loving and compassionate.

Today is another day and all is wonderful in my world!

With love and gratitude,
Dyann

No comments:

Post a Comment